What does modern education look like? It is clear, interesting, and insightful. Just as a solution developed for Improve Educations by UKAD.
While the founder of Improve Educations requested us to create a learning platform, we already were skilled in eLearning technologies and knew what we should do. But this project was truly unique because of the possibility for a third-party to sell courses. In other words, it should not be a simple eLearning website but a kind of educational marketplace with multi-tier managed access.
Challenges and Solutions
The Client challenged us with the development of a platform that will be equally easy for managers and users, at the same time stylish, modern, and powerful. The requested features were:
- possibility to manage education content without strong tech skills
- different levels of access for users
- possibility of certification with built-in tools
- possibility to sell courses via the platform for third-party companies.
The perfect performance, good speed, and uptime are also important because they are vital for eLearning projects.
According to the conception, UKAD developed an eLearning platform with the following features:
- user dashboard with courses divided into Chapters and certificates
- possibility to take the course exam
- video lessons with transcriptions
- certificates generation with PDF templates using a user ID
- built-in email distribution
- user access to courses via special URL with a unique token
- manager access
- Klarna payment system.
While other companies can sell courses with Improve Educations, we also implemented a possibility of branding. For partners, it's just enough to send their brand colors, images, and fonts to get a unique fully customized profile on the platform.
Since we were using the Umbraco theme for Improve Educations project, the platform doesn't require developers for customization. As the solution has no hardcoded elements, Content Managers can perform most of all changes in UI in a few clicks.View Website